Wants money for features that were previously free, and still displays ads at the bottom. Useless.
Attention, since October 1, 2019, the third edition of the application is available on the App Store - KyBook 3 Reader.
The best way to read your books ever!
KyBook supports all the major e-book formats, OPDS catalogs and Cloud Storage.
Continuously developing and improving in close contact with thousands of KyBook users.
- EPUB, FB2, RTF, PDF, DJVU, MOBI, AZW3, CBR, CBZ, CBT, MP3, M4A, M4B formats
- OPDS catalogs
- Cloud Storage
- Flexible reading mode settings
- Handy cataloguer
- Text-to-speech technology
- Supports e-books in EPUB (DRM-free), FictionBook (fb2, fbz, fb2.zip), TXT, RTF, PDF, DJVU, Comic Book (cbr, cbz, cbt), MobiPocket (mobi), Kindle (azw3), and Audio Book (mp3, m4a, m4b) formats.
- Provides access to enormous collection of free electronic books through OPDS-catalogs support.
- Finds books in your Cloud Storage or anywhere in Internet.
- Saves your books into iCloud, Dropbox, Yandex Disk, Google Drive, OneDrive, Cloud Mail.ru, ownCloud (WebDAV) and Shared folders (SMB/CIFS).
- Allows customize: font, colour theme, text size, text alignment mode, margins, paragraph indention, hyphenations and more.
- Provides easy navigation inside the book using table of content, bookmarks or notes.
- Helps organizing your books, cataloging them, grouping and sorting in different modes.
- Provides detailed information about each of your book.
- Allows choosing book covers from different sources, changing titles and subjects and even more.
- Uses text-to-speech technology to voice any e-book.
- Supports translation of text and the vocabularies in StarDict and Lingvo DSL format.
- Integrates with social networking services.
- Supports of archives in ZIP, RAR and TAR format.
- Provides Speed Reading.
- Allows to stream audio for audio books in Cloud Storage.
- Supports fuzzy search and search using regular expressions in a text book.
- Supports automatic text summarization and precis-writing.
- Supports preview of iWork, Microsoft Office, CSV, HTML files.
What's New in Version 1.2.8
- Fixed crash when using the translation service in iOS 9.
- Few minor improvements.
VPP Device Licensing
Rated 17+ for the following:
Unrestricted Web Access
iOS 8.1 or later
iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad 2 (Wi-Fi), iPad 2 (3G), iPad (3rd Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad (3rd Generation) (4G), iPad (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad (4th Generation) (4G), iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (Wi-Fi), iPad mini (4G), iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air4, iPad Air4Cellular, iPad EighthGen, iPad EighthGenCellular, iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation)
English, German, Greek, Russian
This app is not free. You’ll be able to read your books for a short while then pay $4.50 to upgrade to pro. Good for djvu files. Don’t know if the 4.50 is only for 3 months like KyBook3 is
Need a way to increase font size
I love that this app will read for me. It means I can listen while doing other things. I can adjust the speed and the type of voice.
I wish I could annotate more in the app. Currently I use another PDF reader for that, but I would rather stick to one app for everything. Also, being able to organise my books into folders would be great. It’s free though, so I need to be realistic.
Fantastic reader with robust compatibility. Did not let me down yet!
Great app. Simple to use and syncs across devices. Just what I was looking for.
This app has been brilliant in restoring old Kindle file. Easy to use, simply brilliant.
Sorry. Was hoping that because people raved about this being a replacement for Strata or whatever, that'd it do the same thing. I should have read the fine print.
This app is a stable ebook reader and has ok features. There is however a lot of work and tweaking to be done, and I have listed much needed improvements below:
- The sorting and grouping sub menus under each book menu is completely out of whack. None of these sorting features are working properly, with metadata or the file name itself. It would be good to have options such as sort by ‘date created’, ‘release date’ (of the actual file itself), and sort by file name. I am unable to sort my ebooks/magazines by any of these much needed options?
- Under the same sub menu there is ‘showing: book covers’, however there is no option to choose larger thumbnails? Say 4, 6, 8 per screen at a time?
- The favourites tab also makes little sense and needs to be more user friendly
- Under the main books category, these sub categories such as ‘top rated’, ‘sequences’, ‘subjects’, ‘authors’ and ‘tags’ need a major revamp. It would be wise to base your sorting methods of ebooks by following other mainstream content/ebook app sorting methods.
- In your app description it states you can sync with various cloud services such as OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox etc, the problem is that even after I paid for the in app purchase I cannot see anywhere in the settings that allows me to do this?
- The apps themes options need an update with better colour schemes and designs..
- The ‘kybook’ and ‘dashboard’ sections are very minimal and could be updated with a fresher look ..possibly with featured ebooks or ‘what to read next’ etc?
- It also looks that the feedback/forum department has gone dead quiet?
I look forward to seeing big updates for Kybook 2 soon in the new year, as I do enjoy this app, so I hope this has helped :)
Finally a good replacement for Stanza, now if they could just get rid of the iPhone X swipe up bar when in night mode...
It really is a wonderful reader. Very clean but lots of options, if you like customising (I do!)
This is what I want! This app offers handy dictionaries with tons of tools to make your reading experience better. Recommended.
I used this quite often until I had a mysterious green bar at the bottom of the screen that just wouldn't go away and obscured much of the reading space. I have moved onto another, better app which also happens to be what I use on my desktop as well.
I stoped using iBooks. To unreliable, syncing problems with books other than their books. No control over headers and margins - Painfull
Tried and deleted numerous book readers
KyBook is amazing. Full control great interface syncs with Dropbox perfectly.
Deleted books will reload if another view is chosen.
No resume function available. If a page is not bookmarked and you accidentally go back to another page ( happened numerous times) you can't go back to the page you came from.
Considering the functionality and number of positive aspects of KyBook it gets a 9 out of 10 from me.