I’m really enjoying using this app via Apple CarPlay. Maps are clear, warnings appropriate and it’s the only app I can find that gives me a readable speed limit indicator, which the big guys like Google and Apple Maps can’t seem to provide for Australian roads. Thanks very much!
Find the best route to your destination even without an internet connection. Magic Earth uses OpenStreetMap data and a powerful search engine to offer you the optimal routes for driving, biking, hiking, and public transportation.
• We do not track you. We do not profile you. We do not trade in your personal data; moreover, we do not have it.
• Save big on mobile internet costs and navigate reliably with offline maps powered by OpenStreetMap. 233 countries and regions are ready to be downloaded.
• Choose between 2D, 3D, and Satellite map views.
• Get ready for travel and know every detail of your route like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation profile.
• Learn more about the points of interest near you from Wikipedia articles.
• Spot nearby parking places to easily park your car.
• Stay up-to-date and enjoy regular free map updates.
• Improve safe driving and avoid accidents. Receive alerts to potential problems on the road and record your trip.
• AI DashCam features Driver Assistance warnings and Dash Cam functionality.
• Avoid collisions and accidents with Driver Assistance warnings: Headway Warning, Forward Collision Warning, Pedestrian Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Leaving Lane Warning, Stop & Go Assist.
• Record the road ahead during navigation to have an aid in the event of a collision or incident.
• Driver Assistance warnings and Recordings are available when the device is on a car mount in landscape mode, with a clear view of the road ahead.
• Connect to Apple CarPlay and enjoy the ultimate navigation experience.
• Find the fastest or the shortest route to your destination when you travel by car, bike, on foot or with public transport.
• Plan your route with multiple waypoints.
• Stay safe with the free Head-up Display (HUD) feature which projects the most important navigation info onto the windshield of your car.
• Know in advance which lane to take with precise turn-by-turn navigation and lane assistance.
• Get notified about speed cameras and stay up to date with current speed limits.
• Get real-time traffic info, updated every minute.
• Discover alternative routes that avoid traffic jams and save you time on the road.
• Get around town quickly and easily. Choose from public transit routes that combine all transportation modes: bus / metro / subway / light rail / train / ferry
• Get walking directions, transfer times, departure times, number of stops. And when available, the cost.
• Find wheelchair or bike-friendly public transportation.
• View current temperature and local weather forecasts for your favorite locations.
• See what weather conditions to expect in the next hours and view the forecast for the next 14 days.
* Some features are not available in all countries.
* Some features require internet connection.
What's New in Version 7.5.2
• iOS 14 Widgets support
• iOS 14 Siri Shortcuts are available now in CarPlay
• Bug fixes and optimisations
General Magic GmbH
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 12.0 or later
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air4, iPad Air4Cellular, iPad EighthGen, iPad EighthGenCellular, iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation), Apple Watch Series 4
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
It haven’t no one information about public transport
Having been a GPS app developer in the early days, and having tried most that are available today, this one is superb, and has become my go-to map app especially when travelling. It is good looking, informative, doesn’t need an Internet connection, is easy to use and comes at a great price. CarPlay is cream on the top. If the app offered contour lines and elevations, it would be as near to perfect as it could possibly be. Well done, team!
I'm a IOS beta tester and I can tell you it's my default carplay navigation on my phone/ carplay. They always releasing updates after I email them if I find an issue. That's what you call service. The beta version is working absolutely beautiful. But just one little thing, I haven't seen lane guide or exit sign postage when exiting on HWYs etc... I'm in Sydney Australia. Thanks guys for making a free navigation to work on carplay not like others are charging! I would of paid for General Magic Co period! 23/02/2019
Have been using this app for year on old iPhone SE with iOS 11 Up dated phone to an 8 with IOS 12. volume is so low that it cannot hear it unless you put it to your ear much less in a car however up to now a brilliant gps app
All fixed with sound problems
Now it is 5/5
Thanks for the prompt fix
I have been using since the volume fix. This is the best free gps out.
And best of all it is free
Still 5 stars
This is a very nice navigation app and having worked in that field I’ve tested my fair share.
However...the CarPlay function appears to be missing the option to enter an address that’s not already in your iPhones history, and there appears no way to use voice commands. The first problem is a significant issue as the only way to enter an address is to remove your phone from the holder and enter the address in the phone.
Also, your current speed only appears when navigating a route.
Looking forward to the next update.
This can show how fast you need to go but it’s not better than Openstreetmap.
I used this app in Aussie, road speed limit is available only on the major roads. If this could be fixed could be the best!
Better than many gps navigation app on App Store that we have to pay for premium!
It would be great if its support Lane guidance and support custom route navigate.
Thanks for the app!
I wanted to like this application. It's free and as feature packed as its vastly more expensive rivals. However, the selection of a destination in standard mode, ie. with the boxes to put in suburb, street, number etc just fails (almost) every time. I put in suburb and street and it just sits there thinking. If I type directly into the search box "street, suburb" it finds it immediately. Again, like the features, but this standard lookup, ie. fill in the boxes, is a big fail. I was going to get my wife to use this app. She isn't very "phone" literate, but now couldn't do that - if I have this much trouble entering an address she will be absolutely perplexed, pity.
EDIT: OK, gave it another go. It does not use my car audio (2009 BMW) because it requires A2DP Bluetooth profile which I don't have. All of Waze, Navigon, iOS maps, Google maps, Here maps can access the car audio, but this app cannot. Again, another deal breaker.